Friday, June 16, 2006

Mapquest The Road less Traveled

I ignored the mapquest of my memory last night. (I habitually take the same route home) I followed the instructions and leading of the Lord yesterday. I took a "new" direction back to New Jersey. Well, I made a left at Gates Ave, right on Washington, left on Myrtle, right on Flatbush, I took the Manhattan Bridge to Brome St., Holland Tunnel to NJ Turnpike, I took the first exit after the toll Jersey City/Liberty Park. I made a left at the first light to Bayonne NJ, made another left a the next cross St, I then took the NJ Turnpike to 78 west.. etc

Truthfully, I got lost, and I was in two tie ups on the NJ turnpike. The drive took me 1 hour. (normal 45 min).

While I was driving , I concentrated on the Lord. I need revelation for my life , my ministry, and the Concord Music Ministry. I need to know the next step. 

Well, their was no earth shaking revelation last night. "Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe Their were three things that I noticed last night. I noticed the unobstructed view of the Panorama of New York City, with Empire State Building at left center, December 2005.Empire State building. The Manhattan Bridge provided quite an outstanding view from the bridge. I never get to view the Empire State building from my regular route (Brooklyn Bridge).

Secondly, when I got lost, I looked for the familiarroad markers that would turn me in the right direction. The Bayone Bridge provided a beautiful panorama of the Newark sky line. Also , I was able to recognize the NJ Turnpike signs in Bayone.

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe. I hope Richard and Phil's departure will encourage yourto travel the road less traveled at Concord and in your personal life/ministry. Richard and Phil's will travel the road less traveled. If the road that you have been traveling on, has not taken you to your destination, take another road/route. It will be the road less traveled. There is something God wants you to see on the new way home. When your heart decides a destination, your Spirit and heart will maquest the new destination.  Your mind will provide a roadmap to that destination. The road less traveled provides some road markers that are familiar. Howevr, God wants to show you some new sites on the way. Your previous journey will inform your present sojourn. Mapquest your future. Take the road less traveled.

Thank you for attending the prayer yesterday. The Lord heard the pleas for forgiveness, and a refilling of the Holy Spirit and a breakthrough at Concord. New Wine needs new wineskins!

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could.
To where it bent in the undergrowth,

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no stephad trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference

No comments: