Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Art of Letting Go

I, Philip Bingham, submitted my resignation as Minister of Music at The Concord Baptist Church of Christ, Brooklyn, New York.  It is very difficult to sort the rainbow of emotions that have followed this decision.

 

The Music Ministry will meet for for prayer Thursday, June 15, 2006, at 7:30. All members of the Music Ministry are invited to join in prayer of agreement. We want to discern the move of the Sovereign in our Music Ministry.

Friends and detractors: My friends need no explanation concerning my resignation. My enemies would not believe any plausible explanation for my departure.

Although, I may be a "lame Duck' Minister of Music. I am inclined to spend some blogs in bringing clarity to the Art of Letting Go. Separation, letting go is a normal Spiritual and natural experience. For many people, love is the greatest obstacle to letting go. It is learning how to change the form of love which offers you and I the power to manage our pain and to begin on the path to fulfillment in life.

The Art of leaving should imitate the birth of a baby and experience of the empty nesters. A baby will start screaming immediately after birth. Empty nesters rejoice when the kids finally leave home. Congregations should cry at the initiation of Music Ministry and celebrate when the Music Minister leaves. We cry because, initial Music Ministry doesn't look like what God intended it to be. So, he spend days, months, years, disciplining and pruning the Minister of Music for Music Ministry. We celebrate, at the end of Music Ministry tenure because God has completed a phase of Music Ministry.

The most important question during this period of time is "What is God saying"? Discernment of the divine season will answer the perplexing questions. If you are pondering the how, why, and where questions, you will be sad. The actors, actions, and conjecture will prolong the pain and disappointment. God doesn't have to respond to those question, because He is Sovereign.  Are you in a position for God to grant you the next divine Music Ministry event. May the internal and external collide at a certain point in the Music Ministry...My Divine Synchronicity, Unfold the next Music Ministry event in our Lives. Genesis 24:12 And he said, O Lord, God of my master Abraham, I pray You, cause me to meet with good success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.  He prayed, "O God, God of my master Abraham, make things go smoothly this day; treat my master Abraham well!

Concord, Music Ministry, you are not abandoned. We are Taking Responsibility for Our Own Music Ministry Lives. One of the worst attitudes is ‘Things happen to me’, not from me but to me; a degree of victim mentality. At any level we really need to accept the full responsibility for whatever happens to us. Making Choices you have the power to choose.  Keeping Neutral, Learning Acceptance the highest truth is, I have left, however traumatic. You have God and each other. My leaving and my behavior are not the same. You can say that my action is not good for you, but the I am OK. Becoming More Emotionally Intelligent Helps the Music Ministry. We accept it in a way that is unconditionally accepting of ourselves and of other people. Fixed Ideas of What Will Be. Our disappointment is always based on what we think should have happened. Interconnectedness and the Oneness let go of our beliefs in order to help everyone else comes back to the connectedness of everything in the Music ministry. The Art of Letting Go. What do those two words mean to you? Letting go. For me there are really two questions that spring to mind here. What are the kinds of things we want to let go of? and Why should I do this? i.e. What is the benefit for me? by Sylvia Clare

No comments: