Saturday, April 1, 2006

The breath of God is connected to the heart of God

“He breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.”

John 20:22

 “Your courage and your breath are connected. What a dynamic!” The breath of God is connected to the heart of God. The breath and heart of God regulate our spiritual respiration. Breath is sometimes used as a metaphor for life itself, and often "first breath" is the most obvious sign that life has occurred. The Spiritual Baby's first breath (40 Days presence Driven Life) is one of the wondrous moment of life The Breath of the Living God, blessed and benedicted be the Name of the Life of worlds. Voice, Breath and Speech. This is the Holy Breath (Ruach HaKodesh).  

The eagle doesn't capture flies (don't sweat the small things) The believer must husband their breath for the (“serious battles”) consequential victories. Sometimes the strategy dejure is retreat. Catching ones breath is a strategy in realigning courage and passion. Catching ones breath is a routine that aligns your breath with the breath of God. Catching ones breath allow you to synchonize your breath with others (team work). He that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never rise to fight again. by Tacitus Sure I must fight, if I would reign, Increase my courage, Lord! I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, Supported by Thy word ("Am I a Soldier of the Cross?"Isaac Watts,)

BREATHE ON ME, BREATH OF GOD

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,
To do and to endure.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Blend all my soul with Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, breathof God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

 Word for the day from the desk of Dan Stratton 

 Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".       – Anonymous

 Have you ever heard the expression – “He took my breath away?”  In the past when fear grips you, have you noticed the physical reaction that takes place in your body?  Your heart speeds up and your breath gets shorter.   Your courage and your breath are connected. 

 Our Bible has some powerful insight into this connection.  (I know that may come as a shock to some of you.  What?  The bible has something to say about courage?  J)  The Hebrew word for breath, spirit and courage is the same word – ruach.  To take courage is to look to your spirit which when under great stress can be found on your breath.  You have heard the term Ruach ha Chodesh – the Holy Spirit.  (Literally this is Spirit the Holy.)  Soldiers are trained in this as are athletes and performers. 
Stay close to your breath.  Be aware of your breath.  Don’t let your breath get away from you.  Staying close to your breath is staying close to your spirit and in that awareness your courage lives.  So take a deep breath.   

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but after the ruach – spirit – breath – courage.  For the law of the ruach – spirit –breath – courage of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 

 For many of us the spiritual life is a meditative, quiet life that can oftentimes be disconnected from our daily affairs.  By definition this couldn’t be further from the truth.  This courageous victorious life is nigh you, but he who can rule his tongue can rule a city.  Ruling your tongue is idiom for controlling what you say and speaking is information on breath or information on your spirit.  Words go where your spirit takes them.   The words that you put on your breath are dead without this revelation.  Be aware that your breath is the physical manifestation of your spirit man.  If you will do this you will witness the increase of courage in your life.   

Right now your spirit is at work in you as sure as your heart is pumping and your lungs process the air.  You have to connect to that spirit and when you do you will find the courage you need to obey that inner voice that agrees with the Word of God.   Agreeing with that voice and acting accordingly will take you before great men.  So stir up that gift that Yahweh has given to each of us. 

 It is my pleasure to serve you this day.  Communicate with me.  Embrace your spirit man and be bold to approach the throne of grace.  You will receive strength to help in times of need.  Be strong and of good courage – spirit – breath, and He will strengthen your heart. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just today I wrote a "God Whisper" on my site called, Take a Deep Breath and then I found this and was so touched. Thank you so much for this beautiful description or should I say, word painting.

Blessings
Brenda
www.journalsoftheheart.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful comments. I ask the Lord to Breathe on you the Breath of Life today