Sunday, February 19, 2006

KIRK FRANKLIN RESPONDS TO TONEX’S SUDDEN RETIREMENT

GOSPEL SUPERSTAR TONEX ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM GOSPEL MUSIC  

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Click here: FortiFi @  

 http://journals.aol.com/kingbing1/FortiFi/entries/1191  

KIRK FRANKLIN RESPONDS TO TONEX’S
SUDDEN RETIREMENT
For those of you who may not be part of the
Christian music industry, there is a young
man that I want to tell you about. He is
from San Diego, and happens to be the
most talented singer, musician, performer
on the planet. He goes by the name Tonex.
 

 I first heard of him in 1998 when a friend from
that area hipped me on to his music. I must
be honest and say that I was blown away to
the point that I thought I was going to have to
find a job sacking groceries [smile!]. I couldn’t
believe my ears; the freshness, the flavor, the
passion in this young man’s voice was amazing.
I immediately started calling people who could
get me in touch with him. I wanted to sign
him on the spot!
  Then I met him.

 I soon realized that this was
a boy with a diamond; a gift and a curse. Most
people don’t understand the battle of a mind that
never stops. A mind that you have to bring under
subjection to the Spirit every day because it will
drive you crazy because you are always tempted
to create without fear. Gifted people are the
hardest to live with. There is that thin line
of insanity you sense in the lonely places.
And if there is not a safe place to fall, you
can easily die from the weight of the gift.
 

 My brother Tonex is now feeling that weight;
the weight of being gifted, mistreated, and
misunderstood; the weight of an industry
that is only built to make money, not heal
broken souls. Because in truth, that is
not a label’s job.
 

 My talented friend is considering retiring.
This, on so many levels, is not good. For
one, we have only begun to see the gifts
and talents of this young man. Two, we as
a body cannot allow one of our own to leave
wounded without joining together to reinforce
our love for one of the world’s most talented
human beings. If you have never seen this
young man dance, sing and minister, you
have not seen all that God can do through
one vessel. It is truly amazing.
 

So for all of you who read this, do me a favor
and log on to his blog at
www.myspace.com/tonex 
and lift him up. Tell him to read this blog so that
he can hear from me (I’ve tried to call him like
crazy!). Tell him that we need him to walk in
his gift until the Father returns; the body
needs him, and we love him.
  Shalom  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that the world needs Tonex. The purpose that he has been called to fill has its place in the end times. I know that although he is going through God has a plan for even this valley in his life. God is making sure we stay seasoned salt in this new day of fresh anointed culture infused ministries. God has given vision to those who dare take no reputation so that the critics and life issues don't rob them of their assignments. Although it is difficult at times we must trust only in the word of our Heavenly Father.

Tonex your unique design and giftings have specific purpose their is no retiring from that. I am affraid for a world that has only their interpretation of what culture is without God's glory. You carry His glory. You are a son and the world is in trevail for the manisfestation of your complete restoration in Christ Jesus. He is your personal Jesus.

I seek not to blow you up but to plead you to be encouraged. My children need you to be you.  You are the presious seed of Abraham. God bless you for He is able to keep you. Take time to get renewed. It is necessary. I am sure your may say more than I know. However, I look forward to hearing the testimony through this. Love you brother.

Kirk, I love you too. Being a creative is not so easy. I know. God has been working to mold me also in a world that dosn't read me easily. However the vision must be written down and kept plain because of all that comes to confuse or warp it. My challenge is not without God though many brothers and sisters in Christ might say so. I am entering into film school and will entertain the masses in the "world" and bring the world of God. That I know is my purpose. I have been up and down and very down in my life and my walk  but my purpose is my purpose. Purpose is life. Without it there is no direction.

Anonymous said...

Marion McMillan