Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Uganda: God is Helping Me Get Well

Uganda: God is Helping Me Get Well


Maria Wamala
Kampala

LAWRENCE Kintu, 14, was recently knocked down by a speeding car on Entebbe Road in Kampala. He was playing drums in the band during the demonstration against the cutting down of Mabira Forest. He plays the side drum with Rouyalle Brass band in Mengo Bakuli. A band is a group people who play musical instruments together.

Kintu is admitted in Mengo Hospital but he says that he is getting better because of prayers. "I and my friends pray and read the Bible everyday on my bed. I am now feeling better than when I had just got the accident.

 

When my Bible school teacher, Mrs. Irene Senyonga comes to visit me, I also tell her to read me Bible verses and sing for me Christian songs. I feel so peaceful when I listen to those songs and the word of God," Kintu says.

So, he wants you to pray for him so that his whole body heals. Kintu says the time he has been in the hospital, he has learnt that people need prayers because he has seen there many people in more pain than him.

He was knocked down with another Brass band member, Tony Mukubwa but Tony was discharged. Tony comes back to visit him in the hospital some times. Kintu is sure he will also be out of the hospital one day.

Kintu does not blame anyone. He says it was an accident and he was doing what he likes doing most - singing and drumming.

He joined this band in 2005 because his parents were poor. Since then, the band has taking good care of him. He no longer stays with is parents but with the band.

Kintu missed all his end-of-term exams. The good thing is that his teachers are sorry for him. They say that they will give him exams any day he feels ready.

CURRENT CHILDREN'S VISION STORIES

Children's traffic school

Painting the zebra crossing

The term ended in style

We want to study in a clean environment

Helping Nabukeera

Sharing with our friends

Proud of our culture

Pen Pals

No comments: