Friday, April 20, 2007

Namibia: Gospel Singer to Go Abroad

Namibia: Gospel Singer to Go Abroad


Frederick Philander
Windhoek

Well-known Khomasdal gospel solo singer, Neville Davids, will be leaving for Germany next week on a music-recording trip for his second CD that will be distributed in Namibia.

The gospel singer, whose first CD, 'Breaking the Barriers', was highly acclaimed in 1996, and selling well, is presenting a gospel show tonight at the Christian Family Church in the capital.

"This music technical trip - paid for by myself - to Germany, will keep me busy for about three weeks in Stuttgart with my own compositions," said Davids, who has been singing since 1984.

"I accompanied a Namibian band, 'True Spirit', which landed me in concert at the Olympic Games in Los Angeles where we released an album under the auspices of the famous American gospel singer, André Crouch, also known as the King of Gospel. That trip really opened doors for me, so much so that I returned to the USA a couple of times and did solo gospel concerts in 22 states in America," Davids humbly recalls.

The exceptionally talented Davids has also presented concerts in Singapore, Germany, England, Puerto Rico and in Brazil during his exciting career as a gospel singer.

"On my return from Germany, I intend starting a youth gospel project to involve Namibians in the educational side of music in this genre," Davids, the manager of International Banking Services at Bank Windhoek, concluded.

Tickets for tonight's gospel show in the church hall - next to the Arabbusch Lodge - costs N$50 per person and starts at 19h00.

No comments: