Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Refuge for your Refuse Series: Put me back on my feet #2

Which field are you gleaning? O.K. you might not be gleaning from the garbage heap of life. But, many of us have settled for the field of convenience. Your field of choice might be titled "Potters Field". The Potters Field is reserved for the stranger and the poor.  Which field are you gleaning?  I'd Rather Fight Than Switch?

 

 

 

 

late 19th Century or early 20th Century view of Hart Island.40 bodies to a tier, 4 tiers deep. Potters Field,

Hart's Island, N.Y.

"Potters Field": The term apparently comes from verse Matthew 27:7 in the New Testament of the Bible, in which priests take 30 pieces of silver returned by a repentant Judas and "used the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners." It was not called "the potter's field" because a potter owned it, but rather because the land was not good for growing crops, and therefore could only be used by potters to dig clay.  Acel’dama [N] [E] [H] (the field of blood ) (Akeldama in the Revised Version), the name given by the Jews of Jerusalem to a field near Jerusalem purchased by Judas with the money which he received for the betrayal of Christ, and so called from his violent death therein. (Acts 1:19) The "field of blood" is now shown on the steep southern face of the valley or ravine of Hinnom, "southwest of the supposed pool of Siloam." (Smith's Bible Dictionary)

You and I have left our fathers house to eat the fodder of the pigs of life. Your mere existence is a mirage. It is a mirage because you have access to your fathers palace, food, servants his garments. You and I havelost our minds. This bare boned existence is not our heritage. 

Ezekiel 37  ...And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live ? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. And I will put My Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land;

 Come to your senses! You and I need a prophetic interruption. Luke 15:17 And when he came to himself.

 Luke 15:17-20"That brought him to his senses. He said, 'All those farmhands working for my father sit down to three meals a day, and here I am starving to death. I'm going back to my father. I'll say to him, Father, I've sinned against God, I've sinned before you; I don't deserve to be called your son. Take me on as a hired hand.' He got right up and went home to his father.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

Prayer is the prophetic interruption. The prophetic interruption says "I've sinned against God." Prayer is  the Morse code of our existence. SOS is the commonly used description for the International Morse code distress signal (· · · - - - · · · ). Morse code is a method for transmitting information, using standardized sequences of short and long marks or pulses — commonly known as "dots" and "dashes" — for the letters, numerals, punctuation and special characters of a message.   

Prophetic Interruption: Flee! Flee Death Valley. This is the Devils' Golf Course.

 Flee out of Babylon; leave the land of the Babylonians, You are a A Stranger in a Strange Land. Migration and Immigration to the land of your father  and your fathers father. . Psalm 83:1 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. Ezekiel 37  ...And he said unto me,

Son of man, can these bones live ? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. And I will put My Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land;

 

 

No comments: