Sunday, September 3, 2006

Refuge for your Refuse Series: Put me back on my feet

Refuge for your Refus

Which field are you gleaning? O.K. you might not be gleaning from the garbage heap. But, many of us have settled for the field of convenience. Which field are you gleaning?  I'd Rather Fight Than Switch? The garbage heap or the field of good and plenty. Is it possible that you and I have been settling for the corn husk existence. Our husk existence feeds on the refuse of life. The scarps, slim pickings only reserved by the poorest of the poor.  Ruth Gleaned in the Field of Boaz for the bear minimum of existence. The prodigal son Luke 15:16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

You and I have a problem. You are supposed to own the field. You weren't made to fill your stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating. The potters Field in which you are gleaning is next to fertile territory. The field where Ruth gleaned was adjacent to the field where the angels came to the Sheppards guarding their flock by night. Boaz and Ruth were David's great grandparents. Boaz from the woman on the wall from Jericho and Ruth from Moab, a place of infant sacrifice and idol worship. The stall where Christ was born was the bedroom of Boaz and Ruth. A foretaste of sinners and history (By: Dr. Henry Halley, Halley's Bible Handbook)

Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer,
Choo Choo Charlie had a train we hear,
He had an engine and he sure had fun,
He used Good 'n Plenty candy to make the train run.

Charlie says, "Love my Good 'n Plenty"!
Charlie says, "Really rings the bell"!
Charlie says, "Love my Good 'n Plenty",
Don't know any other candy that I love so well! 

Husk In Num. 6:4 (Heb. zag) it means the "skin" of a grape. In 2 Kings 4:42 (Heb. tsiqlon) it means a "sack" for grain, as rendered in the Revised Version. In Luke 15:16, in the parable of the Prodigal Son, it designates the beans of the carob tree, or Ceratonia siliqua. From the supposition, mistaken, however, that it was on the husks of this tree that John the Baptist fed, it is called "St. John's bread" and "locust tree." This tree is in "February covered with innumerable purple-red pendent blossoms, which ripen in April and May into large crops of pods from 6 to 10 inches long, flat, brown, narrow, and bent like a horn (whence the Greek name keratia, meaning 'little horns'), with a sweetish taste when still unripe. Enormous quantities of these are gathered for sale in various towns and for exportation." "They were eaten as food, though only by the poorest of the poor, in the time of our Lord." The bean is called a "gerah," which is used as the name of the smallest Hebrew weight, twenty of these making a shekel. Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary.

Flee this hinterland. Flee this field of lack. You and i have lost our minds. We have possibly lost all our senses. lost Luke 15:17And when he came to himself, "That brought him to his senses. God is our Refuge. God isn't our refuse

Have you noticed the difference between your refuse and refuge. God exchanges your S for an G (Refuge for your Refuse ). I am not suggesting that there is gold in them hills. I am not suggesting there is Elohim! I will look unto the hills. From whence comes my help.? My help comes from the Lord.

Psalms 46:1-3
God is our
refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Psalms 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take
refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I'd rather be His than have riches untold:
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands.
I'd rather be led by His nail-pierced hand

Refrain
Than to be the king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin's dread sway.
I'd rather have Jesus tan anything
This world affords today.

2
I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause;
I rather be faithful to His dear cause;
Id rather have Jesus than worldwide fame.
I'd rather be true to His holy name.

3
He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all than my hungering spirit needs.
I'd rather hav Jesus and let Him lead

No comments: