Monday, December 11, 2006

Pencil and Pens 2007 Seek the Kingdom First

     


 

Pencil and Pens

2007 Seek the Kingdom First

Fill in your 2007 calendar now. Use Ink for the Kingdom of God first. Ink is used for people, places and things that make you, your family, friends and assignment operative and functional. "Pencil in" the secondary things of life. I am distributing prophetic 2007 pencils, pens and paper to all of my family and friends. 1 John 1:9 (The Message) 8-10If we claim that we're free of sin, we're only fooling ourselves. A claim like that is errant nonsense. On the other hand, if we admit our sins—make a clean breast of them—he won't let us down; he'll be true to himself. He'll forgive our sins and purge us of all wrongdoing. If we claim that we've never sinned, we out-and-out contradict God—make a liar out of him. A claim like that only shows off our ignorance of God.

A pencil (temporal mark) and new paper may represent 

  • God's ability to give me a new chance to write my future. 

  • God's ability to erase and forgive my mistakes

  • My ability to forgive myself

  • Ask the forgiveness of  others

  • Exaggerate the penciled victories

  • Minimize the penciled mistakes

  • Thank God for the pencil of grace and  mercy

  • Our pencil script into transferred into the Ink script

Full of Self, but Soul-Empty

 2-3And then God answered: "Write this.
   Write what you see.
Write it out in big block letters
   so that it can be read on the run.
This vision-message is a witness
   pointing to what's coming.
It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
   And it doesn't lie.
If it seems slow in coming, wait.
   It's on its way. It will come right on time.

Some of my 2006 pencil marks- indulgences have hurt the heart of God, family and friends. I have also come short of the Glory of the Lord in 2006. It was treason! But, I have hurt the heart of God. I have missed the "mark" in so many ways. I have failed God in so many ways. My assignments, prayer, family, friends have not always reflected His priorities and  balance. Confession is good for the soul. So, Confess your faults one to another.  James 5:16 (The Message) 16-18Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Rip your Zealots card! In 2007, I am resolute to calendar "Ink" the people, places and things that "fill my tank" and then calendar "pencil in" the secondary issues-things . Balance may mean a shift in priorities. God's priorities can Stop the Ministry Zealots! God's priorities will Stop the Ministry "Bigget" (Mega-Ministry)!  Stop the Ministry Zealots from playing the God card. We show our  Ministry Zealot card to family and friends when we miss important familiar occasions. Lord! Enlarge my territory-increase my time and money for my family and family. Model the enlargement of the prophetic assignment by my balanced family life. I can leverage my success to make more time for intimacy with my God, family and friends. I am resolute to first Ink in my family and friends as God Ink in my 2007 calendar. I am thankful that my 2006 mistakes are written in the (red) pencil. My prophetic destiny (book of life) is written in Ink. Focus 80 percent of your time and energy on the 20 percent of you (work) that is really important.

Start the Family First Card. God loves the church as I love my wife, family and friends. God loves the assignment He placed in you.  He performs the assignment.

  • Nurture your Assignment. Pampering the Family First. Use a pen to calendar the people and activities that recognize, nurture, and feed your prophetic assignment

  • Husband your Strength for family, friends and assignments. Husband i.e., the "house-band," connecting and keeping together the whole family. Hus"band (?), n. [OE. hosebonde, husbonde, a husband, the master of the house or family, AS. hsbonda master of the house; hs house + bunda, bonda, ...

 Ephesians 5:32 (The Message) 29-33No one abuses his own body, does he? No, he feeds and pampers it. That's how Christ treats us, the church, since we are part of his body. And this is why a man leaves father and mother and cherishes his wife. No longer two, they become "one flesh." This is a huge mystery, and I don't pretend to understand it all. What is clearest to me is the way Christ treats the church. And this provides a good picture of how each husband is to treat his wife, loving himself in loving her, and how each wife is to honor her husband.

A Balanced Life? Nothing in life is 100%.  In life we have a reasonable portion. Life serves us a reasonable portion of strength, health, money, happiness. I thank Him for a reasonable portion of Life, Health, and Strength on today. Nothing in life is 100%. A reasonable portion of life is more like 80% "reasonably good". 20% of our existence is challenging to intolerable. Consequently, a balanced life is 80% normal and 20% full of woe. 

 

Write in Ink! Fulcrum in pencil! God, family and friends are the fulcrum on which my world balances, the defining point from which I draw my understanding of what is and isn't acceptable.... 

Romans 12 Place Your Life Before God 1-2 So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you....

 

No comments: