Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hi-Five's Tony Thompson Dies at 31

Hi-Five's Tony Thompson Dies at 31
Reuters
NEW YORK (June 4) - Tony Thompson, who sang with '90s R&B group Hi-Five, has died of an apparent drug overdose at the age of 31.

According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, Thompson's body was discovered at around 10 p.m. Friday outside an apartment complex in his native Waco, Texas.
Thompson signed with Jive Records in 1990 as part of Hi-Five. The group's self-titled debut album went multiplatinum and spawned the hits "I Can't Wait Another Minute" and "I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)," the latter of which topped the Billboard Hot 100.

In 1992, the group released "Keep It Goin On," which spawned the hits "She's Playing Hard To Get," and "Quality Time." Thompson released his solo debut, "Sexsational," in 1995 after Hi-Five split, but in 2006 reunited with his old friends for the release of "The Return" on his own N'Depth label.

The artist had recently moved back to his hometown from the Dallas area and was reportedly working on new material for a solo album.
Elgin Edmonds, Retna
Hi-Five singer Tony Thompson was found dead after an apparent drug overdose. His R&B act hit the Billboard charts in 1990 with 'I Like the Way.'
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sad to here of Tony T's demise. I often wondered what ever happened to HIgh- 5 Band Members.
They remained anonymous for years. These rap songs are driving me out of my mind. Most of us fans could not
get to hear their music for rap getting in the way. If you are listening to the local radio channels waiting on some-
thing decent to come on like High Five, a rap song will come on and blow the whole thing up. Perhaps High-5
music came up in between the rap songs, Once I hear rap come on it blows my whole mood and I change the channel. Tony was so pretty with those beutiful dimples and his little cleft chin. You know I am from Dallas, Texas.
I went to L.G.P. High School. There was this guy who had the same facial features as Tony name of Wendell Thompson. I wonder if they are related. Wendell is from W.D.T. also went to L.G.P. Thompson family hold on the your faith. God is a healer of broken hearts. He will ease the pain. Be encouraged, I am praying for you. I feel your pain. God loves you so much. I just found out what happened about 2- weeks ago. This is why I am late with my comments.


Sissy,