Monday, March 6, 2006

Fortify Celebrates the 20th Anniversary (1986-2006 Concord Baptist Church ) of Philip Bingham

 
Add your own  20th anniversary comments, Ideas, words of encouragement now,  Pass this 20th anniversary post on to a friend now...

March 2006 signifies the 20th anniversary of Music Ministry at Concord. I face March 2006 with mixed emotions due to the death of Reverend Dr. Bill Jones, February 24, 1934 - February 4, 2006. I recall that in October 1985,  I was a candidate select for a music position at Bethany Baptist Church, Pastor, Reverend Dr. Bill Jones. The process included a four hour interview and dinner at Harvest Manor. The customary handshake sealed the "deal". Unfortunately, i did not know that Wesley their  Musician received a temporary imposed reassignment. He later reconciled with Dr. Jones and His credentials and status were restored that weekend. Two months later, Dr. Gardner C. Taylor. and I were in conversation about a Music position at Concord. Well, I started Concord in March 1968. The first person I greeted at Concord was the "first lady" of the Music Ministry. Irene Wingate is literally the first lady I met at Concord, March 1986.

Thank you (parents) Elsie and Rupert Bingham & Family, John and Andrea Skinner, Rev. Gary and Emma Simpson, Rev. Gardner C. Taylor, fellow Music Servants, faithful choirs members, St. Paul's Baptist Church,  Joan Patterson, Lillian Henry, Horace Melton, Henri Sexton, jonathan Irons, Sheila and Michael Jackson,  Dotty Jenkins, Vivian Williams, David Brandon,  Soloist, Shiloh Baptist Church, Loraine Brame, Dolores Saunders, Rev. Gay, Margaret Douroux, Rev. Stan and Ruby Long, Rev. Ennette, Concord Congregation, John Motley, Irene Wingate, Al Branch, Richard, (son) Richard and Mckeba D'Abreu, Jr., Sarah Cranford, Sonya Johnson. I couldn't have made it without your mentorship and friendship at the critical times.

I believe my Music Ministry will be tributed for the Music Ministry problems that have been created or solved.  My calling has been a bridge between the former and latter Music Ministry. I believe that a lifetime of Music Ministry victory and mistakes can be erased by a moment of divine obedience. The chain of Music Ministry Revival can be grasp one moment of obedience at a time. This can not be erased or obscured. 

I do not seek that elevated rank, which come with wealth, accrued, I do not crave The Gospel Music royalty of Pharaohs high decree, no boundary of empire can define or limit the nobility I seek. I ask no crest, or banner floated fame. I do not hunger for the plaudit of our fellow Musicians; their hollow shouting bear no glory to the seeking heart. Give us the open mind, the ear attuned to the far call of songs unsung, of burdens not yet lifted from the shoulders of the world. And let us join, with earnest the heartfelt prayer. The Aristocracy of those who care (adapted from Aristocracy by Louis H. Bierks)

May I have the strength to resist the interim reign of the former and emerging latter Music Ministries. The apparent juxtaposition of Hip Hop and classical cultures may obscure the greater question.  Who will sing Gods song?  I am a Minister of Music of unclean lips, living among a Music Ministry of unclean lips. I pray that I will be able to answer the ultimate question of the latter Concord Baptist Music Ministry. Lord send Concord Music Ministry Revival and let it begin with me. Pray therefore the Lord of the harvest to send out Music laborers into His Music harvest...Lord bring Concord Music Ministry Revival.

Praise God, Music Ministry Revival is at hand!

Add your own  20th anniversary comments, Ideas, words of encouragement now,  Pass this 20th anniversary post on to a friend now...

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing you are to the Music Ministry with the gifts God has given to you, which you used have used unselfishly to the glory of God. Keep on keeping on. How thankful we are for you and how god has you you to touch so many lives. to God be the glory.
Johnnie and Andrea.