Friday, September 5, 2008

Gambia: Introducing Jay T - Another Hip-Hop Star Discovered in Sweden

Gambia: Introducing Jay T - Another Hip-Hop Star Discovered in Sweden


Jabel Sarr, is another young Gambian hip-hop singer currently based in Sweden. He is the latest Gambian hip-hop talent to be discovered in that part of the world. Jay T, as he is fondly called, is currently busy on his much anticipated debut mix-tape called "Da Saga Begins" which will be out very soon.

With the recent discoveries of Gambian artists based abroad, there is big optimism that the country can achieve its desired goals in the development of the country's music sector. The 21 year-old hip-hop star, started making serious impact on his music business since last year.

In an exclusive interview with What's On, last Monday, Jay T disclosed that he was inspired to venture into music by artists like Bone Thugs N Harmony from Cleveland USA, Krayzie Bone, Nelly, Michael Jackson and the Senegalese born R&B sensation- Akon.

"My style of music and my sound are unique," he said.

According to him, the hip-hop music industry in Sweden is not up to standard compared to other countries like the UK and the USA where the markets are bigger.

"In Sweden it's like there is no future in it especially if you are engaged in hip-hop music. The only good thing about Sweden is that the competition is not that much, and as a foreign artist, it is very easy to come here and conquer the market. Sweden is not for me, like I told you before, I am only based here for a while, but it's not my goal to continue my music in Sweden," he said.

The 21-year old further revealed his intension to move to USA or UK, where the hip-hop trade is in greater force. "Many people in these places love and appreciate it," he disclosed.

"I have not yet released any albums, but right now am working on my highly anticipated mix-tape called Da Saga Begins. Right now, I cannot tell you how many tracks it will contain but I want my fans to rest assured as they are going to be groundbreaking songs," he said.

According to him, the forthcoming mix-tape reveals his own story, as a new and upcoming artist.

"Am just starting, and I am not stopping as the sky is the limit for me. Trust me," he assured his fans.

The young musician boasts amazing vocal abilities and his song-writing skills are just great. So be on the lookout for this emerging prodigy as he is ready to showcase his talents to the world.

For more information on Jay T log on to: www.myspace.com/jaytose1or www.myspace.com/ja

Gambia: Introducing Jay T - Another Hip-Hop Star Discovered in Sweden


 

No comments: